Study  

Posted by Unknown in


STUDY


2 TIMOTHY 3:16-17


From the Desk of Davina Douglass:


With much prayer and love I release the following to you Beloved:

This newsletter is going to cover the meaning of Study and why it is so important that we study God’s word. I hope you are blessed by the following information. This is part of the talk I mentioned in my newsletter titled History, just in case you were wondering about that talk.


So to begin let’s see what it means to study…


Webster’s definition states that it is an action word…


STUDY: The application of the mind to acquisition of knowledge; any particular branch of learning; sketched ideas of a painter, etc. for her future instruction or improvement; a room set apart for study; to apply the mind closely to a subject, endeavor diligently; to examine closely in order to learn thoroughly; con over; devote one’s thoughts to.


The application of the mind to acquisition of knowledge


Application: the practical demonstration of a principle; the act of requesting


Practical: pertaining to action or use; useful


Demonstration: a proof beyond the possibility of a doubt


Principle: foundation of morality or religion


Mind: the intellect or rational faculty in man


Intellect: the mind or understanding


Faculty: skill obtained by practice


Skill: power to discern and execute


Discern: to distinguish mentally or with the eye


Distinguish: make known


Execute: put to death


Acquisition: the act of acquiring the object acquired


Acquire: To obtain possession of by one’s own intellectual exertions


Exertions: to put forth, use with an effort


Knowledge: clear perception of a truth or fact; erudition; that which is not divine; the origin of sin, sickness, and death


Erudition: knowledge obtained by the study of books; learning


Divine: partaking of the nature of God; excellent in the highest degree; godlike; sacred; holy; pertaining to theology


Origin: beginning; first existence; source; cause; derivation


Derivation: the act of deriving, or the condition of being derived; the process of tracing a word from its original source


Now let me put the definitions together and give you my version:


The constant demonstration of the ideal understanding obtained by practice by putting forth an effort to obtain a clear perception of the power to make known and put to death that which is not divine and of the cause of sin, sickness, and death by the study of books pertaining to the nature of God.


As you can see, having knowledge is a very powerful thing to have, and having the ability to obtain it can sometimes be the difference between life and death.


For me it was like that…if I had not obtained the knowledge of the power I have over the sin in my life I would not be writing this to you today. There was a time just a few short years ago that I was so consumed with sin-- as well as my husband-- that a physical death was imminent. I was living in such a hell that there was not a day that went by that I didn’t think about how I could get out. As the days went on, I will be honest to say, that thoughts of suicide were common. If it had not been for my kids and the dreadful thought of who they would be left with when I was gone, I strongly believe I would not be here today.


It was my yearning for more earthly knowledge that started me down the road to obtaining the spiritual power to overcome. I enrolled as an Agricultural student at Abilene Christian University, and it was a requirement, of course, to take bible studies. One of the studies I took was a general bible class that took us through each book in the New Testament giving us a brief overview of each one. Because of this, I had to read the bible. John 3:16 was pretty much the extent of the bible that I knew…but the more I read the more I wanted to know. I was very much intrigued about this man called Jesus. I had an awesome teacher who was well versed both in Greek and Hebrew and he would share with us regularly out of the Strong’s Concordance. God most definitely used him to fuel the fire. Now let me say that during this whole time, which lasted a few semesters, my life was not, I repeat, not getting any better -- only worse. It was so bad that one evening I found myself out in my front yard on my knees, weeping and screaming out to Jesus with an ultimatum that He needed to make a choice. It was going to be either me and my kids or my husband. I didn’t care what He did or how He did it, all I cared was that something was done…and deep inside I truly hoped it would be to my husband, even if it meant his physical death. At that point in my life death seemed like the only option. Little did I know that a physical death was not what God would cause to happen, but a spiritual awakening-- not only in my husband, but also in me.


God heard a sinners cry for help that day, and instead of heaping coals of fire on my head like I deserved, He moved in my life by granting me salvation along with lots of mercy and grace for all of my sin. He also imparted to me a deep insatiable hunger for His knowledge and the wisdom to apply it.


Do you find yourself in a situation like mine? Are you consumed with sin and don’t know how to get out of it? Do you know someone that is? Do you have things in your life that you do not have control over? Are you ready to be made free? What God did for me He can and will do for you! Don’t waste another day being yoked by sin, sickness, and death. We have the ability to obtain the power we need to overcome. Let me show you how. Please know that I am a changed woman…but also know that it is has been a day by day process. Nothing happened overnight. God’s mercy saved me from the depths of hell, but His grace covers me to keep me going, to keep me focused, and to keep me in His will. I go through seasons of adjustment just like everyone else does…and so will you. But do not ever hesitate to seek out help and guidance and direction from those of us who are over comers…because we want nothing more than for you to become an over comer also.


“You are of God, little children; you have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4


At this point in my life God has began to work out in me…


The constant demonstration of the ideal understanding obtained by practice by putting forth an effort…


This work known as Study has and will always be a lifelong journey filled with much joy and expectation for me.


Study deepens our knowledge of a particular subject so that we may begin to see and understand that subject more clearly. The purpose of study is to transform every aspect of our lives. To help us grow into the destiny and desires that only God can give us and to come into the fullness of His mercy and grace for our lives. (1)


“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:2


The aim of study for every Christian should be for spiritual knowledge and spiritual wisdom to apply that knowledge. Because each one of us is in a different place in our Christian journey, we all have different study needs. We each will study in our own way, but it should always deliver all of us to the same destination. (1)


“If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall…?” John 8:31-32


Shall what? “Set you free” or “make you free?”…HMMM…let’s discuss this…


My bible says “Make you free” not “set you free” See the difference??? YES!


If you ever get to know me, and for those of you that already do, I’m sure you will agree that one thing about me is that I love the bible. I actually have a NKJV because that is what God gave me, and I like it because it doesn’t have all the “thee’s” and “thou’s,” so it makes it a little easier to read. But my heart is with the KJV because that is what works best with the next closest book to my heart which is the Strong’s Concordance, with both Hebrew and Greek meanings of the word of God. Something else you will learn is that I get a little frustrated when a verse is continually spoken or taught out of context. And you might wonder why that should that frustrate me???? Well, let me show you: You can lose valuable power of knowledge by not using the correct words as God has set them in place to be used.


Let me give you an example…


Set…to put in any position; fix; plant; render motionless; regulate or adjust;


Make…to create; to fashion; to prepare for use; to acquire; to keep or hold; to conclude


Now let me share with you from Psalms 139: “O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”


I don’t know about you but I would much rather know that My (your) God choose to create me (you) in secret, to fashion all the days of my (your) life, to try me (you) and know me (you) so I (you) would be prepared for use, to acquire my (your) heart, to keep and hold me (you) while leading me (you) in the way of everlasting, to conclude and finish me (you).


Now…Which would you rather have…set me free or make me free?


John 8:31-32 says: “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”


The truth is that God took valuable time out of His busy schedule to form you in your mother’s womb, to fearfully and wonderfully make you, to fashion all the days of your life just for you. He did all that just to be able to lead you in the way of everlasting.


He brings to life: The constant demonstration of the ideal understanding obtained by practice by putting forth an effort… in each one of us at conception.


So what should be the most important reason to study…as if that alone is not enough?


To obtain a clear perception of the power to make known and put to death that which is not divine and of the cause of sin, sickness, and death


We should desire to study the bible to hear what God wants to speak to us. It is a love letter. It is the creator’s handbook. It is weapon of war. It is a form of worship. It is prophecy fulfilled and to be fulfilled. It shows us how we were made, how we are to live, how we are to heal and be healed, and how to be yoked only to Jesus-- not to the ruler of this world. It holds hidden riches such as our genealogy, the names of God, His character, and His wants and needs; these are ours to find if we will only make the time.


“It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter.” Proverbs 25:2


And you my beloved are kings…if Jesus can be a bride I can surely be a king!


“Your word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11


“The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.” Ecclesiastes 12:11


“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4


“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

Hebrews 4:12


“Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.” Revelation 1:3


By the study of books pertaining to the nature of God we can not only learn of the fulfilled prophecies, we can learn of those that are yet to come. The most important one is the return of Jesus. How else can be ready if we DO NOT STUDY His word?


We should desire to study other books along with the Bible to see what others have been through and have learned from their own journeys with the Lord. We should study great men and women of God, church history, denomination’s origination, things of the Holy Spirit-- anything that pertains to the nature of God. I myself have a library full of books-- most of which I have read, but many that I have not read. But I am earnestly looking forward to each one. Every book I read helps me to be free of a stronghold from sin and brings me just one day closer to being who God called me to be and less of what satan desires me to be. God has used my love of reading to make me free…how wonderful are His ways.


You should also learn to write down in detail what you learn so you will have it available to come back to when needed. You should always highlight in your books and take notes…there is nothing more precious to me than to borrow a book from a fellow believer and be able to glean what the Lord shared with them as they were reading. So mark away, take notes, draw pictures, release the power of God into that book so that the next person can glean from your knowledge. We overcome by the word of our testimony and by the blood of the lamb. I promise you that God keeps track of every victory so why shouldn’t you?


Very seldom do I ever read a scripture without looking up each and every word to make sure that I fully understand what God intended for me to obtain from that scripture. I refuse to be powerless from a lack of knowledge…and God refuses to let me be destroyed again. He has placed a mighty calling in my life and I hope to one day live up to that calling, but until then I vow to do what I can each and every day to become more powerful. I urge you to do the same.


“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…” Hosea 4:6


To STUDY is to gain knowledge…


The constant demonstration of the ideal understanding obtained by practice by putting forth an effort to obtain a clear perception of the power to make known and put to death that which is not divine and of the cause of sin, sickness, and death by the study of books pertaining to the nature of God.


I would like to share with you one more scripture that God has been using to expand my knowledge of just how important it is to read the bible.


2 Timothy 3:16-17 teaches us that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”


I used a KJV bible and the Strong’s concordance along with the help of the Holy Spirit to receive this revelation. If you take each word and look up its meaning in the concordance you are left with this:


The whole Holy writ document is delivered up, divinely breathed in, and is helpful for instruction, commandments, to prove or pronounce guilty of a crime charged, for straightening up again, for passion, to keep before the people a consciousness of a sense of wrong, in the administration of law according to its spirit and not according to the letter that a human being may be fresh, finished out, fully equipped, unto the happiness and well being of a person, to work with pain or fatigue, a calling as an occupation.


All scripture, the holy writ document, was not only delivered to the authors by God himself but breathed in by the Holy Spirit. It is not only given to us for our own benefit as Christians, but also for the benefit of others.


“For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.” I Corinthians 2:11-12


As a believer we should make it our occupation to study the holy writ document and work with the pain and fatigue of our daily lives to become fresh and fully equipped to administer the law of the spirit. To promote happiness and well being to all human beings per the commands delivered to us by the Holy Spirit, because if we do not make it our passion, to keep before the people, the Supreme Divinity, we shall fall guilty and be charged of a crime.


“A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Matthew 12:35-37


But don’t get discouraged, because when you make it your occupation to study the word of God -- you can and will be surrounded with His glory. You cannot spend every day in His presence taking in His word and being disciplined by the Holy Spirit and not be immersed in His Glory.


“Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.” Isaiah 60:1-3


His glory changes our priorities. Earthly concerns and earthly agendas have to bow to the glory of the Lord. His presence transforms our values, our direction and every perspective that is incongruent with His will and purpose. The more we become a person of God’s presence, the more our hearts will expand to take in others. (2)


Take Moses, he was privileged to be a man after God’s own heart…God loved him so much he entrusted the commandments to him…he met with him face to face…and because of this he was able to love the unlovely and have great mercy for their sins towards God. Yet, he himself was not without sin…he himself didn’t even get to go into the Promised Land he had worked so hard to get to. (2)


But today we have an even greater privilege than Moses. We have the full revelation of the Father’s love in the Person of Jesus Christ. We have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The awesome shed blood of the lamb has been sprinkled so that we always have on open invitation into the presence of God. Like Moses, His presence changes our heart, transforms our character, and gives us His prayer. No longer is the emphasis on us but on blessing others rather than blessing ourselves. We become an intercessor and a point of contact for God’s mercy, miracles, and power to touch the earth and make them free. (2)


May your world be full of the goodness of the Lord…I know mine is…


Psalm 33 tells us to “Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise. For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD. By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as a heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spake and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast. The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect. The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works. There is no king saved by the multitude of a host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. A horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength. Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.”


I appreciate each one of you for your patience and prayers that have so generously given me the excitement to take on this task. Please continue to pray for this ministry to help me reach all the Nations of God.


FOOTNOTES:




  1. Excerpts taken from the talk “Growth through Study”

  2. Excerpts taken from an article read in an email received from The Elijah List


As of this day, this Newsletter is going to the United States, Guatemala, and Canada. Glory to God!!!

Blessings and Much Love, Davina Douglass






Use this Link to SUBSCRIBE now...

To view Previous Newsletters Please use the following link: http://www.righthandworld.newrealmsprophetic.com/archives.html

Thank you for FORWARDING this email to share with your family and friends!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 1:21 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

Davina:

Thanks for the good work you do. Just a thought...you may want to send your email out to everybody bcc so that everyones email addresses can remain private.

Thanks,

Don Martin

January 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Yes...I should but I seem to think about it after the fact...I will try to remember before I send out the email next time...thanks for the comment.

January 28, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Post a Comment

My Beloved Followers